Jenn was raised in a small Southeast Texas town and has lived in the Austin area since 1996. She met her husband Greg in 1998 and they have been married since 2001. Together they have four children: Emma is a Sophomore at Texas A&M, Cooper is a Junior at Round Rock High School, Carter is in 8th, and Travis is in 7th both at Cedar Valley Middle School. Jenn enjoys her career as a Realtor as it allows her to meet and work with many people who may be moving to the area from all over the US. The reasons she consistently hears why the area is so popular is because of its strong economy and great school system!
Over the last 14 years, Jenn has served our District and community in the following ways:
- President, VP, Fundraising, Spirit Wear, Parliamentarian and various committees at campus PTAs
- 3 years on the RRISD Council of PTAs (2 as VP of Hospitality and 1 as Parliamentarian)
- Current Member of the Board of Trustees for the Round Rock Medical Center
- District Level Committee for RRISD
- Volunteer with the Partners in Education Foundation
- Round Rock HS Booster Clubs (football, baseball, volleyball, and cross country)
- Young Men’s Service League of Round Rock
- Vacation Bible School leader at Bethany United Methodist
These experiences have exposed her to what makes the various neighborhoods and campuses distinct. Trustees are elected at-large meaning that we are to represent the entire District, not just their local neighborhood. The leadership experiences on the Council of PTAs and exposure to different communities within the District have prepared her to be a reasonable and committed voice for kids. Additionally, her role on the Round Rock Medical Center Board have helped teach her that the role of Board members is not to manage the organization. That is left up to the CEO of the organization, and in the case of the school district, the Superintendent. The Board is there to be the voice of the community, to set goals to drive organizational improvement, and to focus on the end customer which as a School Board Trustee is the student.
Please send any questions or concerns that you may have, please feel free to email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.